I’ve written nine articles in the 15 years of 24 ways, and all but one of those articles had something to do with CSS. In this last year of the project, I thought I would take a look back at those CSS articles. It’s been an interesting journey, and by reading through my words from the last 15 years I discovered not only how much the web platform has evolved – but how my own thinking has shifted with it.
- 2005: CSS layout starting points
- 2006: Faster Development with CSS Constants
- 2009: Cleaner Code with CSS3 Selectors
- 2012: Giving Content Priority with CSS3 Grid Layout
- 2015: Grid, Flexbox, Box Alignment: Our New System for Layout
- 2016: What next for CSS Grid Layout?
- 2017: Christmas Gifts for Your Future Self: Testing the Web Platform
- 2018: Researching a Property in the CSS Specifications
- 2019: And that’s a wrap